Monday, February 4, 2013

Big Girls On Top by Mercy Walker

Big Girls on Top
Grade-C
Hotness Level-Inferno
Kink Level-None
Series-Big Girls #1
Reviewed by Kay

Bev is a size 18 girl. A woman really but I'm keeping consistent with the title. She's a registered nurse but works as a bartender at a strip club because she makes more money there. She loves her job and her co-workers for the most part. I don't think it ever said how tall she was but she has fiery red hair and Irish green eyes. Oh, and she hides her freckles well.

Quinn is Italian, gorgeous and very well muscled. Aren't they all? He shows up to talk to the manager/owner of the strip club, Terry. Bev sees him and watches for him to come out of the back all shift. As she's leaving with the other girls, she hears someone running up behind her. The club has had a few problems with patrons harassing the girls in the parking lot, so, Bev grabs her stun gun, turns around and stuns the person rushing up to her. It's Quinn of course and when he comes to he's so not happy with her. She tries to apologize but he takes off with a pretty hateful glare on his face.

The next day she walks in to Terry's office to apologize to Quinn. Terry leaves them in there to talk it out but Quinn grabs Bev and kisses the hell out of her. They then engage in some pretty blistering sex on the desk.  I won't reveal the rest but suffice it to say, the ending was abrupt but should send the reader into wanting book two.

There were several things I liked about this story. First, I loved that Bev was comfortable in her own skin while being aware of her weight. She totally owned it and flaunted what she thought were her best assets. Second, I loved Quinn being okay with her size. Third, the humor in the story was very good. Fourth, the sex was great.

I did have things that I didn't care for also. First, the descriptions of her appetite and eating were borderline gross. Second, some of the descriptions of their sexual encounter also border on gross for me. Thirdly, it needed more editing.

I wish there had been a little more story but I knew it was a short read going in. I liked it and appreciate Mercy Walker giving us the opportunity to read and review it.

No comments:

Post a Comment