Thursday, February 21, 2013

Leather, Lace and Rock-n-Roll by Mia Dymond

Leather, Lace and Rock-n-Roll (SEALS, Inc., #1)
Grade-D
Hotness Level-Inferno
Kink Level-None
Series-SEALS, Inc. #1
Reviewed by Kay

The story starts out a rock concert for Jaydon Hawke's band. Rachel, the heroine and Cameron, her best friend are trying to get backstage with only one pass. Cameron is trying to get Rachel to take a walk on the wild side and sleep with a rock star. Rachel is kind of shy and considers herself smart but not attractive.

Jaydon Hawke is a bonafide rock star. Oh yeah, and he's also a a Navy SEAL. Rachel helps him with a stuck zipper and he's hooked from there.  He's undercover trying to capture a terrorist and thinks Rachel is somehow involved.

Nothing about this story worked for me at all. I tried, I really did. It has two things I love to read about: Navy SEALS and rock stars. Still those things did not help. Let me list what I liked and disliked.

Like- Max. He was a good character.

Disliked- A rock star that's a Navy SEAL? Come on. Cameron grated my nerves so bad I thought I was gonna scream. The men in the story were a little Beta for me. The sex scenes-not enough and not hot enough.

I gave  the book a D rating because I admire authors and the sacrifices they and their families make so we as readers have something to read. Otherwise, my review rating would've been worse.

No comments:

Post a Comment