Friday, February 14, 2014

Unbeautifully by Madeline Sheehan



It's taken me a few days to get my thoughts clear enough to write a review.

Unbeautifully (Undeniable, #2)
Grade-B
Hotness Level-Inferno
Kink Level-No Kink
Series-Undeniable #2
Genre-Contemporary
Reviewed by Kay
374 pages
 
This story is about Ripper and Danny. Ripper is one of Danny's dad's bikers in his MC. Danny is a biker princess much like her stepmother, Eva. Her upbringing hasn't always been sunshine and roses though. Her parents' marriage was an elongated disaster and she and her brother just kind of floated through it. Living within club life was difficult but really all she knew. She loved Ripper for a long time and my god, the road was bumpy.

After Ripper's torture at the hands of a mad man, he was in a self destruct mode. He drank more and whored more than usual. One drunken night he and Danny went too far and everything was fubar from that point on. He never felt he was good enough for her and acted out. They kept their relationship secret much to the horror of Danny who wanted to shout it from the rooftops. I get why Ripper wanted to keep it a secret. Her dad would've killed him had he known. In an attempt to save her from his world, he takes off to parts unknown, leaving Danny to deal with the backlash of their relationship.

Very emotional situations take place in this book. I liked both characters but wanted to slap them both, as you often do in this series. But you just keep right on reading. It must be what crack is like because I just can't stop. Seriously, it's my latest obsession. I haven't been this excited or hooked on a series in a loooong time. I think about it constantly. It still tests my lines but I just can't quit.

No comments:

Post a Comment