Thursday, February 6, 2014

Undeniable by Madeline Sheehan

Undeniable (Undeniable, #1)
Grade-B
Hotness Level-Inferno
Kink Level-No Kink
Series-Undeniable #1
Genre-Romantic Suspense
Reviewed by Kay
332 pages
I'm truly at a loss for words with this review. I think I need a mind scrub and maybe a visit to confession. I'm not Catholic and I'm not making light of religion but I may need some prayer time after this.

Deuce West is an outlaw biker. He lives this lifestyle with no apologies at all. He likes what he does. The drinking, the illegal stuff and the whoring. He has a meeting with Eva Fox when she is visiting her father in prison. Her father is a President of a rival but friendly motorcycle club. Eva is five at their first meeting and when she charms Duece's father at his visit with him, he's taken with her. Not a perverted kind of way either. He's intrigued because she, at age five, listens to classic rock, wears Chucks and wants to be a motorcycle club queen. Duece is eighteen years her senior.

This story continues to span these two character's lifespans. It usually skips ahead by five to seven years.

The things I liked:

The slow build of their relationship. The all consuming attraction. The look inside of the outlaw biker lifestyle, if this is an accurate description. The suspense of the book. The desire of the heroine to try and save everyone around her even as she stays true to what she is.

The things I didn't like:

Deuce is married through most of the book. The constant infidelity of almost every character.

This book was an interesting book to read. Good character development. It sucked me right in and didn't let go. Even when the storylines butted right up to and through my hard limits. If you want a raw, gritty, dirty, and emotional love story, read it. But be prepared for all that it is and that it makes no apologies for it.

1 comment: