Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Love In Straight Sets by Rebecca Crowley

Love in Straight Sets          
           
Grade-A-
Hotness Level-Blaze
Kink Level-No Kink
Genre-Contemporary
Reviewed by Kate
159 pages

Regan is the resident diva of the tennis world.  She's gone through coaches faster than Augustus Gloop ate his way through the Wonka factory.  She's planning on retiring soon, but wants one last win.  A big one.  At the Baron's Open.  Enter Ben, a one-hit wonder who won the Baron's Open years ago and then disappeared from the tennis courts.  He's agreed to coach Regan and she's agreed not to fire him.  Both Regan and Ben are drawn to each other, but his job hinges on his ability to keep his hands off Regan, and his sister's safety depends on him keeping his job.

The world of sports romance is dominated by MMA, football, baseball, and hockey men.  And while I enjoy a good sports romance every once in a while, I'm kind of tired of the same-old, same-old.  How many big, buff guys running around the football field or sparring in the ring can you really read about?  The fact that this one is about a tennis playing female was such a refreshing change of pace.

These are characters that I quickly fell in love with.  Regan wasn't just an outright bitch.  You get to see what's under the surface that makes her a character you root for. I loved that Ben saw right through Regan's diva act.  He didn't put up with her crap at all and saw through to the vulnerability underneath.  They both have their moments of stupidity that made me just want to yell at them, especially Ben.  But if those moments hadn't been there I would probably be complaining that they were too perfect.

My only complaint...I would have appreciated more sex in this one.  There's no sex until 84% into the story and then we only get one scene.  Honestly though, the story was so engaging that I didn't realize that I was already that far into the story.

I absolutely loved this one.  It's the first book that I've read by Rebecca Crowley, but I've already added some of her back list to my TBR pile.  This one is definitely worth reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment