Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Giving by Charlotte Stein

Giving
Grade - B
Hotness Level - Inferno
Kink Level - moderate
Genre-Contemporary
Reviewed by Anne
In my continuing trend of reading shorter, dirtier books, I read another of Charlotte Stein's novellas.  Giving is a contemporary set story about Clarissa and her boyfriend, Oliver.  Oliver has given Clarissa three birthday requests.  All of them have to do with Clarissa sexually dominating him in different ways.  Clarissa agrees to do this for Oliver.  Giving tells how they play out these three wishes and Clarissa's surprised response to playing with Oliver in this way.
I thought this was a very well written story.  It's short, but it's very complete.  I felt like I understood what was going on in their heads.  I think this is remarkable because this story crossed my personal kink line.  So even though it got to something that made me personally uncomfortable, I didn't feel uncomfortable for the characters.  It was clear that this was consensual and enjoyable to them, which made it a good read for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment