Sunday, January 26, 2014

Asking For Trouble by Tessa Bailey

Asking for Trouble (Line of Duty, #4)
Grade-B
Hotness Level-Inferno
Kink Level-No Kink
Series-Line of Duty #4
Genre-Contemporary
Reviewed by Kay
250 pages
Brent Mason is an explosives expert with the police department. He's crude, rude and adorable. Hayden Winstead is a wealthy, beautiful woman with a whole lot of sass. These two have been circling each other since their best friends fell in love not too long ago. They have snipey comments and insults to hurl at each other all the time.

One night they banter back and forth, neither willing to back down. When the bantering goes to far, they have an encounter. This encounter has them seeing one another in a different light and it changes everything.

I so enjoyed this book. I always enjoy her foul mouthed heroes. I really enjoy them. I enjoyed her first book a lot. Then the next two stories were just okay for me. This one redeemed the series for me. Scorching hot sex packed with emotion, this was a homerun. The following quotes were my favorites:

"Be warned, though. If you take away the use of my hands, I'll only make up for it with my mouth."-Brent

"You think you know what I need? Enlighten me."-Hayden
"You need a good tongue-fucking."-Brent

"When I take them off, you're not going to...I mean..."-Hayden
"What? Throw you down on the floor and see if you fuck as hot as you kiss?"-Brent

Brent talking about Hayden bitching about his shoulders-"You didn't mind them last night when you were kneeling on them."

I just love her heroes' quotes!


No comments:

Post a Comment