Monday, January 6, 2014

Took My Breath Away by Thianna D.

Took My Breath Away
Grade-B
Hotness Levl-Inferno
Kink Level-Mild Kink
Series-All They Ever Needed #2
Genre-Contemporary, BDSM, m/m, domestic discpline

Christian is well on the way to overcoming his trauma from the time he spent in the Middle East.  Logan is looking forward to spending some time with his extended family in New York, but dreading missing Christian while he's gone.  Throughout it all, they are exploring the possibility of a domestic discipline relationship.

I love the relationship that's developing between Christian and Logan.  There is so much character growth that happens in the pages of this book.  In the midst of all this self-growth, they both manage to be there when the other needs them.  A wonderful relationship to read and a relationship that has hung around in my mind for a while after finishing it.

As much as I loved Christian and Logan, Logan's parents continued to bother me.  They are so open with both Christian and Logan-overly open.  I understand that when considering a unique relationship like domestic discipline it may be nice to have a mentor.  I'm just not sure that I can get past the fact that Logan's parents are the mentors that Logan and Christian choose.  I'm all for a strong relationship between parents and children but some of their conversations made me a bit uncomfortable.  They seemed like conversations that should have happened between best buddies rather than parents and their children (even if they are grown).  But that's probably all my own hang up.  Maybe it won't bother others.

Despite all that, I can't wait to hear what happens next for Logan and Christian.  I'm looking forward to seeing them explore more of the domestic discipline relationship that they've only talked about up until now.  Come on, Thianna D,  I need the next installment soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment