Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Desperate Housewives of Olympus by Saranna DeWylde

Desperate Housewives of Olympus
Grade-B
Hotness Level-Inferno
Kink Level-No Kink
Genre-Contemporary Set Paranormal
Reviewed by Kay
314 pages
Man, I enjoyed reading this book and had waited along time to do so. Oh, it was so worth it.

I've always loved Mythology although I'm no expert on it. I think my love of Mythology is because it's a soap opera and I've always loved soap operas. What's not to love? Love, sex,suspense, backstabbing and of course, it's very own over the topness. I don't know if topness is a word but you know what I mean. This novel is about several people. Hades, Persephone, Demeter, Eros, Zeus, Hera, Thanatos, Abstinence, Nyx (who I'd never heard of before) and Apollo(who I loved even after the book Styxx ruined him for me).

It's kind of like the T.V. show, Wife Swap a little bit. The couples you think you know are together aren't and you root for the new couples this very talented author created. You get so sucked in and invested in these couples' stories so quickly. These couples find out that:

1.) Sometimes you get a second chance to get it right.

2.) Loving someone with the heart of your youth doesn't mean forever but it's still an important love.

3.) Age doesn't really matter when it comes to love.

4.) Sometimes you get what you really need even if you never thought you wanted it.

5.) Trust and respect are the most important things in a marriage.

6.) Everyone answers to someone.

What a great read! This author is fantastic and I will absolutely read more by her. Try it if you love Mythology, hot sex, high emotion and finding love in unexpected places. I'll leave you with my favorite quotes from the book.

"Nyx's mother had been none to pleased and she was the scary bitch kitty deluxe in her family."

"I love you like the sun loves the sky-content to burn in its arms for eternity. My love is more constant than the stars and when they shudder into oblivion, it will still be there-strong in my heart as the day it was born. When the mortal world is nothing but dust and ash and all that makes us sentinent has slipped away in the granules of sand through the great hourglass-yes even then. No matter if you never feel your hurt beat again inside of your chest, no matter if you never feel anything but lust for me, I will love you."

"This is enough for me. I don't need anything else but what's in this space of breath between us. Can you feel it? Can you taste it?"

"I'm embarrassed to tell you." "Persephone, after a god has been ears deep in your nether bits,as you've described them, and you've ridden his face like a pony, nothing should ever be a taboo discussion between you."

No comments:

Post a Comment