Monday, March 31, 2014

One Night With An Earl by Jennifer Haymore

One Night with an Earl (House of Trent, #2.5)
Grade-A
Hotness Level-Blaze
Kink Level-No Kink
Series-House of Trent #2.5
Genre-Historical
Reviewed by Kay
120 pages
This is a short and very sweet novella. It's about an Earl, who never thought he'd be one and a widow who thought she had lost her chance at love before she ever married.

Andrew Sinclair, the Earl of Weston reluctantly agrees to attend a masquerade party held by a member of the Ton. What he finds there is the chance to be with the only woman he has ever loved, Lady Fenwicke. He never thought he'd be the Earl of Weston because the heir before him was sure to have children. Then that heir died but when he tried to claim the woman he loved, she was betrothed to another.

Lady Beatrice Fenwicke, before her marriage, was an innocent seventeen year old girl. During her marriage, she was a victim of domestic abuse. When she was widowed, she became a pariah. Someone to be given the direct cut, ostracized and she became a recluse. She agrees to accompany her best friend to the masquerade ball knowing what her heinous parents would think. She sees the perfect man there. Can she let go one night in her miserable existence? Can she have one night with an Earl?

I'll be honest, I'm not a fan of the House of Trent series. But this novella? I'm a huge fan of it! It was precious, well paced and steamy. It had a couple of things that are my favorite tropes. Second chance love, a heroine who becomes strong and a loveable hero. Jennifer Haymore was a favorite author of mine with her first series but I kind of got lost after that but now I may have to re-evaluate. Oh, who am I kidding? You had me at masquerade ball.

Favorite lines:

"You have the sweetest laugh I've ever heard."- Andrew

"i'm going to work to earn your trust. I know that's difficult for you. But if one day you trust me completely, Beatrice, then that will be my greatest reward."

No comments:

Post a Comment