Saturday, March 23, 2013

Geek Girl and the Scandalous Earl by Gina Lamm

The Geek Girl and the Scandalous Earl (Geek Girls, #1)
Grade: B
Hotness Level: Blaze
Kink Level: No Kink
Genre: Contemporary, time travel

Series: Geek Girl #1
Reviewed by Kate

When Jamie, a video game junkie and self-proclaimed geek, touches an antique bureau, she is transported to 1816 and lands in the bed chamber of Lord Micah of Axelby, Earl of Dunnington. The bureau (unbeknownst to Micah) had been enchanted to bring Micah's one true love to him. Jamie is quickly taken under the wing of the housekeeper Mrs. Knightsbridge, who knew about the enchantment and helps teach Jamie how a proper lady should act in 1816. Micah quickly believes Jamie's story of being from the future after she shows him her smart phone. (After all, who can argue with Angry Birds?) But, can modern girl Jamie really fit in back in Micah's time?

I found Geek Girl filled with lots of snort and snicker moments. I appreciated that the not-so-nice parts of living in 1816 (chamber pots, no tooth brushes, etc.) were not glossed over as they were in some other time travel romances I've read. By the time I finish reading a book, it is typically filled with tons of highlights and notes. Geek Girl sucked me in quickly and kept me so into the story that when I finished I only had 2 notes written. My only complaint is that the ending wasn't the ending I was expecting. Yes, it is a HEA ending, just not what I was expecting (and that's more of a reflection on me than on the book).

No comments:

Post a Comment