Friday, March 22, 2013

The Proposition by Jennifer Lyon

The Proposition (The Plus One Chronicles, #1)
Grade-A
Hotness Level-Inferno
Kink Level-None
Series-The Plus One Chronicles #1
Reviewed by Kay

Sloane Michaels is an ex UFC fighter and a billionaire. He achieved his wealth through fighting and endorsements which he used to open a chain of fitness centers. He is very alpha (sigh) and really is a force of nature. Not classically handsome but ruggedly gorgeous. He's at a wedding and notices the caterer, Kat Thayne. He wants her and that's all there is to it.

Kat Thayne is a scarred woman, in more ways than one. A brutal attack five plus years earlier has left her with a lot of emotional and physical baggage to deal with. She feels like a failure to her family, and after an attack on her best friend, she feels like a failure to him too.

Sloane offers to train her in self defense in exchange for her to be his plus one at events. He'll be her plus one also. Oh, and they will have sex. With no strings attached though.  Kat finally agrees to these terms and boy was I glad.

This book just worked for me on all levels. Easy to read, good characters, good premise and chemistry. Hot, hot, hot! I loved it and I can't wait for book two coming out in May! One of my best of 2013.

2 comments:

  1. This sounds REALLY good! I see you tagged it one couple series. Does it have a cliffhanger ending? Are they happy, at least for now at the end of this book? How long is it? I need to know!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 123 page ebook and it was very good and a HEA for now. I think I paid .99 cents.

    ReplyDelete