Tuesday, March 5, 2013

One Good Earl Deserves A Lover by Sarah Maclean

One Good Earl Deserves a Lover (The Rules of Scoundrels, #2)
Grade-A-
Hotness Level-Blaze
Kink Level-None
Series-The Rules Of Scoundrels #2
Reviewed by Kay

Pippa Marbury is smart. Really, really smart. She knows something about almost everything. What she doesn't know, she wants to learn. She's to get married at the onset of this novel and she wants to know more about sex. How to seduce her betrothed who seems oblivious to anything of a sexual nature.

Cross, no name but Cross for most of the book is part owner of The Fallen Angel gaming hell. He is close friends with Pippa's brother-in-law. Cross is a consummate rake by reputation. He was the spare that became the heir. He has a truckload of guilt and a few secrets to go with his rakishness. Is that a word?

Pippa goes to the hell to see if Cross can answer her questions on seduction and the physical aspect of marriage. Cross is dumbfounded but intrigued. He is tempted beyond measure but refuses her request for a number of reasons. Pippa misunderstand his refusal. See, Pippa is the smart girl but plain in her eyes and most others also. Listening to her description of why Cross refuses her is tear inducing.

This novel was almost a total hit for me. It was so close to perfection. I have been reading a lot of books that have been just okay. Not bad but not like this one. What kept it from a perfect rating for me was 1) they were both betrothed to other people at certain times in the book and 2) he was a redhead. I know it's petty but red headed men just don't do it for and it's hard for me to but into it.  Still, it's on my Best of 2013 list.

4 comments:

  1. I can't believe red hair is a minus for you! It's a total bonus for me! This review ALMOST makes me want to read a historical, and it's been a long time since I read one...

    ReplyDelete
  2. EWWW. Not ginger men! I am part ginger if you look close enough. This book was great and you should read one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Where do I have to look to see your ginger? Because, ahem, I think I may just trust you on this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My mom was an auburn haired ginger and my maternal grandma was a straight up ginger. I have to be in the sun for people to see it.

    ReplyDelete