Monday, March 18, 2013

Rocky Mountain Heat by Vivian Arend

Rocky Mountain Heat (Six Pack Ranch, #1)
Grade-C
Hotness Level-Inferno
Kink Level-None
Series- Six Pack Ranch #1
Reviewed by Kay

Blake Coleman is the first born of a family of modern day cowboys. He lives at the Six Pack Ranch with the rest of his family. He  takes the responsibilities of ranch life very seriously. Jaxi is the girl next door. She has grown up with the Coleman boys. She has loved Blake for as long as she can remember but he has ignored her at every turn.

These two characters dance around each other and their feelings until one night Jaxi pushes Blake just a little too far. It starts off a domino effect that includes members of his family, from his parents to his brothers.

This started of sweet and engaging but toward the middle I had to force myself to finish the book. I am a huge Lorelei James fan and I wanted this to be like that, I think. This isn't bad but just felt a little long and it lost me for awhile. I don't think I'll continue the series though.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for reviewing this one, Kay. It's been on the radar for a while now, but I just couldn't make up my mind. I think your review decided it for me.

    Kate

    ReplyDelete