Saturday, October 27, 2012

Shades Of Desire by Virna DePaul



 
 

Shades of Desire (SIG, #1)

 
Grade-C
Hotness Level-Blaze
Kink Level-None
Series-SIG #1
Reviewed by Kay

Natalie Jones is a photographer who has recently become legally blind. She has many personal issue she is trying to overcome. With trying to become accustomed to her loss of sight, she is also being stalked by a killer. That brings in Special Agent Liam "Mac" Mackenzie to handle the investigation that is the suspense part of this story.

The suspense part of the story was better than the romance part. I used to read strictly mystery/suspense years ago so I hoped to enjoy this story. I also am a big fan of romantic suspense. This story had a lot of sexual tension but when it came time to close the deal so to speak, it was almost boring. There was explicit language and scene description but I just couldn't connect with the characters by that time. It was too far into the book(over 250 pages) for me. I expect more from a contemporary romantic suspense novel. I hate to say it but I won't be reading anything by this author which is sad because when it is done right, romantic suspense is a personal favorite genre of mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment