Saturday, October 13, 2012

Try Me by Olivia Cunning

Try Me (One Night with Sole Regret, #1)

Grade-B
Hotness Level-Inferno
Kink Level-Moderate
Series-One Night With Sole Regret
Reviewed by Kay

This book marks the beginning of a new series by Olivia Cunning. Similiar to but different than her Sinners On Tour series which is an auto-read for me. It's about a rock group on tour. It starts with two women that followed the group Sole Regret from Wichita to Oklahoma. One woman wants to sleep with a group member and the other is going to be a good friend but not interested in sleeping with anyone.

This story is about Melanie and Gabe who ia also known as Force. He's the drummer for the band and everything Melanie never thought she wanted. I don't want to say too much about the story but it's a hot read and I mostly enjoyed it. The parts I didn't, Melanie was a bit annoying and Gabe had "toys" that I didn't like. I'm not sorry I read and look forward to the next one.

1 comment:

  1. See, now I wasn't bothered by Gabe's toys. I really liked that scene. What bothered me was that Melanie seemed to come onto Gabe a bit strong, which seemed really out of character (she wasn't the friend who was there to hook-up with someone).

    And I was also surprised by the fact that there is no HEA at the end of this book. These characters will continue to be seen in the rest of the series, and Gabe will even get another book of his own. I hadn't realized that before I started reading, so the ending seemed really sudden.

    -Kate

    ReplyDelete