I totally agree with you (with one exception mentioned below)! Here's what I'd add
Things I liked about this book:
1. There is some pretty hilarious dialouge in this book. Here's just one example
His brother was quiet long enough that Ryan guessed he probably wouldn't like whatever came out of his mouth next. "I thought you guys were just fooling around. I didn't realize it was that serious."2. Kate said this, but it bears repeating. It just felt so real. There were things about it that weren't easy, but at the same time it felt worth it.
"You say that like it's a bad thing."
"No." Again with the hesitation. "Just a lot of hurdles, that's all."
"I got a ribbon in track and field. I can handle it."
Mitch laughed. "Dumbass, that was a participation ribbon. You sucked at track and field."
3. I liked all the secondary characters and the building and background info for the rest of the series.
Things I did not like about this book:
1. I thought the resolution between Ryan and Lauren came a bit too easy. No one said something really stupid, which surprised me. And Ryan's self realization surprised me, too. It's a romance, so it didn't surprise me that he had that moment where he realized he was being a jerk. It did surprise me that he realized it himself and no one else had to tell him. All in all, this was a minor thing for me.
My favorite parts of the book:
1. The continued references to Ryan being Lauren's "you know, whatever."
2. The glimpses of Mitch and Paige at their wedding and mentions of the huge shower in their new house.
So, that's a hearty recommend from both Anne and Kate. Enjoy!