Saturday, December 15, 2012

Gone Country by Lorelei James

Gone Country (Rough Riders, #14)
Grade-B
Hotness Level-Inferno
Kink Level-None
Series-Rough Riders #14
Reviewed by Kay

This is the latest installment in Lorelei James' Rough Riders series. It is about Gavin Daniels and Rielle Wetzler. Gavin is the child of Charlie and Violet McKay that was given up for adoption. He looked them up earlier in the series and they have been trying to build a relationship ever since. This story is also about Sierra, Gavin's sixteen year old daughter and Rielle's daughter, Rory who is twenty four.

Let's start with Gavin, the most un-McKay man ever. He's not a rancher, artist, ex-military man or a man whore. For those of you who have read this series, you know what I'm saying. He is very likable and hot in his own way. You feel for him and his quest to get to know his family. You also get to see his dealing with his issue of getting put up for adoption. His relationship with Charlie seems more at peace than his relationship with Violet.

Rielle is a single mother and has her own self made business. She has always had to work hard not only at her business but as a single mother and a child of the town hippies. She was a very young mother at age sixteen, but she kept her baby and has worked her butt off ever since. She stayed in Gavin's house he bought in Wyoming several years earlier. She also owns land next to Gavin's she was saving up to build her own place on.

Sierra and Rory are typical only children in that they are selfish and oblivious to anything that doesn't center on them. That being said, I still liked them both. You get to experience first love with Sierra and a West boy! Sorry I love the Wests! Sierra and Rory both have to deal with some loss of their parents' attention which is emotional.

I really forced myself to read it because I had no interest in Gavin. It wasn't personal but I still had McKays I'd heard about to read first in my opinion. I went ahead and read it obviously because Lorelei James is an auto-read for me. Especially this series. I enjoyed this book quite a bit. I also got to learn about the McKay/West feud which was exciting. I highly recommend anybody to read this book. I would have to say you must read the series in order though to totally understand it.

No comments:

Post a Comment