Monday, May 5, 2014

Her Best Laid Plans by Cara McKenna

20410569
Grade: B
Hotness Level: Blaze
Kink Level: No Kink
Genre: Contemporary, Cosmo Red Hot Read
Published: 4/15/14
Reviewed by Anne
88 pages

Jamie is a 20-something American house-sitting for two weeks in Ireland.  Connor is a bartender she meets there and has instant chemistry with.  She's up for a vacation fling, and he is, too.   But what will happen if they want more and neither has time or room in their life for more?

This was a well written short story and I enjoyed it.  There were some funny moments, and I liked how things worked out in the end.  Unfortunately it suffers from me expecting to be blown away by every word Cara McKenna writes.  So when she writes a nice short story that's just pretty good, I find myself a little disappointed.  

I'm also beginning to think that maybe Cosmo Red Hot Reads just isn't meant for me.  It's been very hit or miss.  I've got another one lined up to read.  I'll see what I think after that.

No comments:

Post a Comment