Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Mai Tai for Two by Delphine Dryden

21569251
Grade: C+
Hotness Level: Inferno
Kink Level: No Kink
Genre: Contemporary, COSMO Red Hot Reads
Published: 5/13/14
Reviewed by Anne
132 ebook pages

Julie and her "work husband" Alan both won a trip to Hawaii.  When the friend Julie brought with her starts flirting with Alan, Julie is jealous.  When Alan sees Julie talking with a local guy, he gets jealous.  They decide a vacation fling might be in order.  

This book was just ok for me.  It gets bonus points for some geek references and some funny jokes, but overall it was just ok.  Julie gets upset when Alan does something she asked him to do, and that's one of the mail conflicts in the book.  It made Julie seem immature to me.  Actually, the whole book just made me feel old.  So that's it, I'm throwing in the towel on COSMO Red Hot Reads.  I'm not the target audience.  And even when one of my favorite authors writes, it doesn't work for me.  (Well, ok, Lauren Dane worked just fine, but my odds are not good here.)

No comments:

Post a Comment