Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Lover Be Mine by Nicole Jordan

Lover Be Mine (Legendary Lovers, #2)
Grade-D-
Hotness Level-Blaze
Kink Level-None
Series-Legendary Lovers #2
Reviewed by Kay

Sophie Fortin is a pretty girl whose family lost their place in line for a title because of the Wilde family. She is facing a loveless marriage to a duke, who as far as we can tell will be good to her. She wants to marry for love but her loyalty to her family and their shot at redemption made her decision easy.

Jack Wilde is a rake and a rogue. He also knows about family loyalty and it's importance. He agrees to meet Sophie to shut up his cousin Skye. His female cousins have decided that they will all marry in a way that is reminiscent to legendary lovers. He thinks this is crazy but goes along with their plan just to show it's idiocy.

They meet at a party and share a very steamy moment. Jack then thinks maybe there is something to this legendary lovers stuff and decides he wants a chance to court Sophie. He knows that he will have to do it on the down low because of the family feud.

I'll be honest, I didn't finish this novel. I was bored to tears, never could connect with the two main characters and had to force myself to read as far as I did. It makes me sad because I LOVE Nicole Jordan's previous series and the novel The Lover. I don't feel that this series is a proper showcase of her talent. If you want a good example, read her Courtship Wars series. It was fantastic.

2 comments:

  1. I know Nicole Jordan is a favorite of yours, so I'm bummed on your behalf that this one didn't work for you! Here's hoping you have a A+ read coming your way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much. I very much need an A+, especially in the historical romance department.

    Kay

    ReplyDelete