Monday, September 16, 2013

Menage Monday - Bodyguards of Pleasure by Melody Snow Monroe

Bodyguards of Pleasure (Pleasure, Montana #8)
Grade: B+
Hotness Level: Inferno
Kink Level: High Kink
Genre: Contemporary, menage
Series: Pleasure, Montana #8

Published:7/1/13
Reviewed by Kate
183 pages

When computer store owner Brooke witnesses a murder, she barely escapes with her life.  And the killer is still after her.  The sheriff pairs her up with Gavin and Riley.  Gavin and Riley are part of a detective agency and will act as Brooke's bodyguards.  Gavin, Riley, and Brooke go to Brooke's house and discover that someone has already broken in.  The only option is to take Brooke home with them.  Brooke has spent her life concentrating on her academics and her business but after her close brush with death, she decides it's time to start living life.  And the fact that she's alone with her two bodyguards and there's bondage equipment and toys in the basement...
 
So here's the thing.  I really, really liked this book.  Probably more than I should.  Like I know that a soap opera is probably not the greatest acting on earth, but I still just love it.  The slightly overweight heroine.  The masculine and assertive heroes.  The killer on the loose.  And all that follows.  I loved it all.
 
Gavin and Riley were hot by themselves, and hotter together.  And Brooke.  For once a heroine that is smart and actually acts like she's smart.  She reacts to things logically instead of emotionally-which appears to be a big help when you're on the run from a killer.  And I loved that she stayed true to her character.  It wasn't "I'm really smart and logical" one minute "and now I'm screaming like a girl" the next. 
 
This is the first book that I read in the Pleasure, Montana book (and I had no problem following along), and now I want to go back and read the rest of them.  I think I'm a closet addict of Siren Publishing.  Especially their Menage Everlasting line.  I smile my way through each of them that I read.
 
How about you?  Do you have a book or series that you just love, but know that you probably shouldn't?  Time to come clean and confess.


No comments:

Post a Comment