Monday, September 2, 2013

Seducing Cinderella by Gina Maxwell

Seducing Cinderella (Fighting for Love, #1)
 
Grade: B
Hotness Level: Inferno
Kink Level: No Kink
Genre: Contemporary
Series: Fighting for Love #1
Reviewed by Anne
180 pages
 
"You should put a shirt on when we're not doing therapy."
"Why?  The less I wear the more comfortable I am.  I put the shorts on as a courtesy to your virtue." (location 346, kindle edition)
 
Reid is a MMA fighter at the top of the sport.  He has an injury he needs to rehab fast in order to be ready for his next fight.  He's pleasantly surprised to learn his new physical therapist is his best friend's little sister.  They were like family to him and it's been a long time since he saw her.  
 
Lucie is very happy to see Reid, too.  She's always had a crush on him and has followed his MMA career.  She's not a fan girl, though, and she takes her job seriously.  
 
Because Reid wants round the clock attention, he talks Lucie into taking some personal time off work to attend to him.  In exchange, besides paying her, Reid agrees to help her transform into a woman her doctor co-worker would be interested in.  Of course, spending all that time together really backfires for them both.

This was a fun read, and I definitely am putting Gina Maxwell on my To Be Read list!  There were lots of little moments of humor - including a He-Man reference. Lucie and Reid felt like real people, and their problem didn't feel exaggerated.  I liked seeing the transformation in Lucie - both inside and out.  I loved how strong she was by the end of the book.  Reid's actions were believable, and he was a sweetie, despite his asshole moments.

I'm not a huge MMA fan, so I was ok that there were no long drawn out fight descriptions.  My guess is that the description of the lifestyle was accurate, though.  I look forward to the next book!

1 comment: