Wednesday, September 4, 2013

One Sweet Ride by Jaci Burton

One Sweet Ride (Play by Play, #6)
Grade-C
Hotness Level-Inferno
Kink Level-No Kink
Series-Play-by-Play #6
Genre-Contemporary
Reviewed by Kay
309 pages

Gray Prescott races cars for a living and had made himself a very wealthy man. He has a group of best friends, loves his mother and sister, but he really hates his politician father. The two have been estranged for over a decade. When his father makes a bid for the White House, Gray finds himself back in his father's life.

Evelyn Hill is an aide for Gray's father and she is assigned to help him get votes from Gray's fan base. She wants a future in politics and this job will help with that. She just has to find a way to get this father and son back on speaking terms.

I love this series and I have been anticipating reading Gray's story since we met him in Garrett's book. I liked both of the characters but all the scenes having to do with Evelyn's political stuff just wore me slick. I was bored with it and that upsets me because I'm a HUGE Jaci Burton fan. I did enjoy the reconciliation between father and son. It was heart warming. And speaking of warm, the love scenes in this book were frequent and blistering which I do love so much. I will continue to read these books but I hope the next one is engrossing.

No comments:

Post a Comment