Tuesday, December 3, 2013

All I Want is You by Elizabeth Anthony


Grade: C
Hotness Level: Inferno
Kink Level: No Kink
Genre: Historical, Erotica
Published: 10/22/13
Reviewed by Anne
336 pages
 
 This was under the "erotica" category at NetGalley, and it sounded interesting. Sophie is a maid at a big country house - it has a Downton Abbey vibe to it!  The visiting Lady Beatrice has a plan that includes Sophie seducing Lord Ashley, who Sophie has a mad crush on.  It sounded like such a great set up, and for about the first half I enjoyed it.  However, it is very Danielle Steele like, which doesn't work for me, but it may work for her fans. It's got a lot of angst. 

The story is focused on the heroine, Sophie and her personal journey, not the relationship between her and Ash.  I would not consider this story a romance, as I think a happily ever after ending is necessary in a romance.

At first I was pretty proud of Sophie and the decisions she was making to be true to herself, but it quickly turned I to a situation where she was cutting off her nose to spite her face! She ran from safety time and time again. Sophie she goes through a lot of tough times, yet continues to push away any help Ash would offer.  Some of her decisions had really awful consequences, but put in the same situation again, she made the same choice.  And in the end, the story just made me angry.

I do think the writing was solid and the editing was good. It just didn't like the ending or the angst.

No comments:

Post a Comment