Sunday, December 8, 2013

Blue Lines by Toni Aleo


Blue Lines (Assassins, #4)
Grade-B
Hotness Level-Inferno
Kink Level-No Kink
Series-Assassins #4
Genre-Contemporary
Reviewed by Kay

Piper Allen loves Erik Titov. She has wanted him for a long time. She knows the kind of man he is. He's a womanizer through and through. She can't seem to get over him, maybe because she sees him constantly. Being that he is her brother-in-law's brother, it adds to the trickiness of her feelings. Then one night, they go home together from a bar and have wild hot sex. She never hears from him again. Then she realizes she's late and takes a test where it comes up blue lines or positive. She tried to get a hold of him but he never called her back. So at six months pregnant she goes to his home and drops the news on him.

I really liked so much about this book. I loved the depth of Piper's love for Erik. I loved seeing the characters from the other books. I loved Erik's parents. I loved the fluidity of the writing. My big problem was Erik. He was a complete douche bag. On every level. So very selfish and cruel. Through almost 90% of the book I felt he was beyond redemption. Really. I truly wanted Piper to move on from him. I know his backstory and as horrific as it was, I just couldn't handle his cruelty. It kept this book from being a five star read for me. I don't think I have ever read almost a whole book hating the main character. When I was done reading, I only barely liked him.

Toni Aleo is my favorite new author of the past year. I love her books and can't wait to read them. She wrote an almost completely beyond redemption lead male character and made you at least like him. She is a true writing talent and an auto-read for me. Her books are always a bit of an emotional roller coaster, which I love. The acknowledgement section at the end of the book broke my heart. I'm so very sorry for your loss, Mrs. Aleo as I am also a motherless daughter.

No comments:

Post a Comment