Saturday, June 1, 2013

Against The Wall by Rebecca Zanetti

Against the Wall (Maverick Montana, #1)
Grade-C
Hotness Level-Inferno
Kink Level-None
Series-Maverick Montana #1
Reviewed by Kay

I freely admit it, I read this book for the cover! I know, I know, I deserve to get what I get, but look at the cover! It called to me and I answered. Honestly, what I got wasn't so bad.

Sophie Smith is a landscape architect that specializes in golf course design. I can't help but think that's kind of cool. Her company wants to build a housing addition with a golf course in Maverick, Montana near Mineral Lake. The town has a pretty good size Native American population that doesn't want it done because the land doesn't want it. I'm not gonna argue the rationale of that statement, I just thought since that is what the book said, I told you. She is sent in to try and change the minds of not only the tribe but the town council and a "concerned citizens" group.

Jack Lodge is a tribe member and their lawyer. He also helps his family on their land as almost a foreman on a ranch would. He has to go toe to toe with Sophie and her development company to keep this from happening. He has two brothers and a sister that have good sized parts in this novel also.

I liked these two characters a lot and the secondary characters also. The plot was okay for me too. The love scenes were on fire, which also helps in my opinion.. What I didn't care for was the speed in which the town accepted her as their own. I couldn't buy in to it. Jake and his family latched on to her so quick, it was a little unsettling. Using a nickname for her the first time he met her? No! I would consider this a low conflict love story and I like a conflict in my love stories. This was my first novel by Rebecca Zanetti and I liked it but it didn't blow my socks off.

No comments:

Post a Comment