Saturday, June 8, 2013

Offsides by Juliana Stone

Offside (The Barker Triplets, #1)
Grade-C
Hotness Level-Blaze
Kink Level-None
Series-The Barker Triplets #1
Reviewed by Kay

Billie-Jo Barker was a pro hockey player in Europe who has come home after a career ending injury. She lives with her sister Bobbi-Jo, who's rude and hateful. Also with her father suffering from dementia and her grandfather who has his hands full dealing with all of them. She joins the town hockey league as their first female player. Most of the men in the league and the town are opposed except for the man who broke her heart years ago.

Logan Forest is a mechanic of some sorts in his home town. He is shocked to see Billie-Jo at home. He has always known of her but not really paid much attention to her because he only saw her sister, Betty-Jo. He thinks it will be great to watch Billie-Jo play hockey because of her talent. Not to mention his attraction to her.

  • These two characters are really into each other in a big way. Billie-Jo has loved Logan forever and has a secret to go along with that. Logan has these crazy feelings for Billie-Jo that leave him at a little loss for words. There was some conflict in this novel but not what I would call high level. I enjoyed it and may continue on with the series. 

5 comments:

  1. This one has been sitting on my kindle for a while. Sounds pretty interesting with her being a hockey player. I might have to move this one up closer to the top.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You only gave it a C - was there something that bugged you about it? -Anne

    ReplyDelete
  3. The similarities in the names would have bothered me. Did you have problems keeping Billie-Jo, Bobbi-Jo, and Betty-Jo straight?

    ~Kate

    ReplyDelete
  4. The story itself was good but I want more heat in my contemporaries than this gave me. You know I like my heat and I know its bitchy but sometimes I count off for that. I can tolerate less heat from certain authors like Jill Shalvis or Susan Mallery but not from a new to me author.

    Kay

    ReplyDelete