Thursday, June 13, 2013

College Boys by Daisy Harris

College Boys (Men of Holsum College, #1)
Grade: A
Hotness Level: Inferno
Kink Level: No Kink
Genre: Contemporary, m/m
Series: Men of Holsum College #1
Reviewed by Anne
113 pages
 
Chris is a soccer playing college jock.  After his mom's death he needs a little more personal space and ends up moving from his dorm full of jocks into a dorm with a private room.  As it turns out, he's moved right next door to Peter, an openly gay student.  Also, did I mention, the walls are paper thin and provide provide vision privacy only?  Chris and Peter had met once before, and they end up becoming friends through the wall.  The thing is, Peter is very attracted to Chris, though he'd never act on his attaction because of Chris' hetero-jock status.  Chris has always thought of himself as heterosexual, and his attraction to Peter takes him by surprise.  Where they take it from there is just awesome!

This is an incredible read!  I gobbled it up in one day and was enjoying it so much I didn't stop to leave myself notes.  That's a sign of a really good book for me!  The scenes in this book where Peter and Christ talk through the wall are so sweet.  The moments where Christ starts being honest with himself about his feelings for Peter, and the doubts he has were heart-wrenching.  The writing was just exquisite!

Yes, the ending was over the top happy with unicorns pooping rainbows and all that, but it's ok.  They both seem a little young and the relationship a little new for the ending, but that's an issue for me for any book with young characters.

I've not been a fan of college aged (would this be considered New Adult?) books, but this one really worked for me. I'll be looking for more by Daisy Harris!

No comments:

Post a Comment