Saturday, June 22, 2013

SEAL of Honor by Tonya Burrows

SEAL of Honor (HORNET, #1)
Grade-A+
Hotness Level-Blaze
Kink Level-None
Series-HORNET #1
Reviewed by Kay

Where to start? I have read a lot of romantic suspense. I have read a lot of military romantic suspense. I have loved a lot of both of these things. This book.....I LOVED the hell out of it! I haven't read a great romantic suspense in a loooong time. Too long as a matter of fact.

Gabe Bristow was a SEAL but after an auto accident he is a SEAL no more. Neither is his best friend, Quinn. He decided to take a desk job at the Pentagon that his father, the Admiral arranged for him. Quinn comes to him with the idea about working in the private sector, kind of like a mercenary. He would be with other ex-military or federal agency people. He rejects the offer but after some manipulating by his brother, he accepts. Their first case is to rescue a business man that has been kidnapped in Colombia.

Audrey Van Amee is a struggling artist with a very wealthy brother. While being on the phone with her brother, she sees and hears his kidnapping via a skype like thing. She meets the team sent to rescue him totally by accident. She ends up sticking with them as a translator kind of.

This was a great read and start to a new series. I can't wait for the rest of the team to have their books! She reminds me a little of Suzanne Brockmann and Cindy Gerard. There is lots of suspense and plot twists here. I am a HUGE romantic suspense fan and this totally clicked for me. The romance was sweet and fast building. This was a win for this author in my opinion. The only thing I can say that would've made it better, was if her love scenes were a little more like Lora Leigh's Tempting SEALs series.

No comments:

Post a Comment