Sunday, June 9, 2013

Thrown by a Curve by Jaci Burton

Thrown by a Curve (Play by Play, #5)
Grade-B
Hotness Level-Inferno
Kink Level-None
Series-Play-by-Play #5
Reviewed by Kay

First, let me tell you a little bit about this book and then I'll let you know what I thought of it.

Alicia Riley is a sports medicine therapist who gets assigned to Garrett Scott's rehab case after his failed improvement after a possible career ending injury. Being a Riley gives her some insight because she has a pro football playing brother and cousin. She also has a baseball playing cousin and her female cousin is married to a pro hockey player. To say she has grown-up around sports is an understatement.

Garrett Scott is the star starting pitcher for the St. Louis Rivers who has been rehabbing after his injury. He decides he wants Alicia in on his rehab after she basically calls him out on his not trying hard enough. He likes her spunk and forthrightness.

This novel totally redeemed the series for after the last book which I did not enjoy very much. I was shocked by that because I LOVE Jaci Burton books. I get giddy when she has a new book coming out. I liked both of these characters even though Alicia was a bit boring here and there. I did like her attitude and approach to Garrett. Garrett's thoughts regarding family were a bit over the top for me. Other than that, I really enjoyed this book and look forward to the next one.

No comments:

Post a Comment