Monday, June 17, 2013

Bare It All by Lori Foster

Bare It All (Love Undercover, #2; Men Who Walk the Edge of Honor, #5)

Grade-C
Hotness Level-Inferno
Kink Level-None
Series-Love Undercover #2
Reviewed by Kay

Alice Appleton has fallen in love. With Cash. Cash is a dog she dog sits for. She has real feelings for his owner and undercover cop, Reese Bareden. Reese stays with Alice at her apartment after his is a crime scene at the end of the first book in the series. Alice has a secret and it's a pretty big one. Reese finds himself not only wanting to know the secret but wanting to get to know Alice better. Combine his and her feelings with the suspense of the human trafficking angle and what more could you want?

Well, a better story that didn't drag near as much. At least, that's what I wanted. It started off so good and stream rolled right up until about 65% of the way through and then it was like it hit a brick wall for me. It seemed to drag on and on. I wanted to scream out loud with frustration. This really upsets me because I like to read Lori Foster and I liked the characters in this novel. It was just too long and got lost in the middle. This novel is not indicative Lori Foster's usual work. I have been a fan of hers for years and will continue to be. This one just didn't do it for me though.

No comments:

Post a Comment