Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Billion Dollar Cowboy by Carolyn Brown

Billion Dollar Cowboy
Grade: B
Hotness Level: Blaze
Kink Level: No Kink

Genre: Contemporary,  Cowboy
Series: Cowboys & Brides #1
Reviewed by Kate


When Colton, a lottery winning ranch owner, is drugged by a gold digger, the family decides somehing must be done. Laura is working at the ranch as an office assistant to pay off a loan she took out to cover her sister's gambling debts. She and Colton reluctantly agree to pretend to be in a serious relationship to keep the gold diggers at bay. But when pretends start to feel real, both Colton and Laura have to search inside themselves to see if it could really be love.

I enjoy a rich hero. I really enjoy a hot cowboy hero. Combined together, you can't go wrong. Add the sad story of his childhood and Colton becomes a sigh-worthy hero. Laura is one of those rare poor girls who doesn't care a stitch for money. Strong and self-assured, she provides a nice contrast to Colton.

The only thing that pulled me out of the story was the scene when Laura helps Colton deliver a calf. (Despite his wealth Colton is a very hands on ranch owner). In my prior life as a farmer's wife, I have helped in more calf deliveries than I care to remember. Unfortunately, my personal experience only served to point out the inaccuracies in the scene. However, I would guess that the scene would not affect most readers the same way.

I look forward to more hot cowboys and more strong heroines in the rest of the series (and hopefully no more calf deliveries.)

No comments:

Post a Comment