Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Freedom to Submit by Melody Snow Monroe

       
Grade-C-
Hotness Level-Inferno
Kink Level-Moderate Kink
Series-Freedom, Colorado #1
Genre-Contemporary
Reviewed by Kate
164 pages

Danisa "Dani" witnesses a murder and needs some protection from the killer who has already made an attempt on her life. Enter Sheriff Brady (who went to the same high school as Dani, but the two have been out of touch for years) and his friend and housemate, Lucas. Because who better to protect you than the horny sheriff and his even hornier friend? Not to be out hornied, um...horned? Dani, on the night that she almost dies, remembers to pack her sexy underwear when she's packing to go stay with Brady (who she just re-met earlier that day) and Lucas (who she's never met).

Unfortunately, neither hero worked for me. Brady, a jock that has never grown up, has to be one of the worst law enforcement heroes I've read about. He goes on a dangerous stakeout by himself and moves things around at the crime scene before it's been processed. Now I'm not saying I'm an expert, but I've seen a few CSI episodes-enough to know that both of those are big no-nos.

Lucas was another creature altogether. I found him to be cold and only concerned with satisfying his libido. His speech was almost robotic at times. But the thing that got me most was that he called his dick "him". Now, I'm generally okay with guys having a cute nickname for their most important possession, but for some reason calling it "him" was just too much.

I struggled with the heroine, Dani. I just couldn't connect with her character at all. Her connection to Brady and Lucas was instantaneous and unquestioned. There never seemed to be a time that she asked herself if she was moving too fast.

I really wanted to like this book. I've enjoyed other books that I've read by Melody Snow Monroe before. However, I just couldn't get past the characters to get into the plot.

Obviously, calling it "him" didn't work for me. What nicknames for a guy's member is your favorite? How about your least favorite?

No comments:

Post a Comment