Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Protecting What's His by Tessa Bailey

Protecting What's His (Line of Duty, #1)
Grade-A
Hotness Level-Inferno
Kink-Level-No Kink
Series-Line of Duty #1
Genre-Romantic Suspense
Reviewed by Kay
273 pages

Quote of the book for me- "Let me clear. I want you underneath me in my bed. I want to be buried inside you so deep I have to remind you of your own name. And I want those motherfuckers leering at you from the other side of the bar to smell me on you for a week afterward."

Derek is a lieutenant in the Chicago P.D. who is a bit of a control freak. Ginger comes from a very troubled background. They end up being neighbors after Ginger and her sister flee Nashville looking for a better life. Their initial interaction with each other isn't very good because Derek is being a douche. From that point on, this becomes a hotter than fire love story. I loved both people even with their faults and learning about their pasts was both intriguing and heart breaking.

This was my first Tessa Bailey book but not my last. I love a streetwise heroine and a dirty talking hero. Throw in a little suspense with the hot sex and I've found myself a new author! If you haven't read her yet, you should get started.

No comments:

Post a Comment