Friday, November 8, 2013

Afterburn by Sylvia Day

Afterburn (Afterburn & Aftershock, #1)
Grade-B
Hotness Level-Inferno
Kink Level-No Kink
Series-Afterburn & Aftershock #1
Genre-Contemporary
Reviewed by Kay
99 pages
Warning, this is a cliffhanger. I am disliking those more and more. However, I enjoyed this start to this series, a lot.

Jackson Rutledge is from a very wealthy, politically powerful family. I can't tell you what he does for a living. I don't know if it was mentioned but it's some sort of wheeling and dealing thing. He and Gia had a five week fling a few years ago and he ended by never calling again.

Gianna Rossi is from a restaurant family but she wants something related but different for herself. She and her family are close. She fell hard for Jax years ago and was very hurt by his actions. He shows up with her competition during a business meeting. This starts all sorts of feelings for Gia's emotions to deal with. Gia's not the same girl she was years ago and Jax is about to find that out.

Is Jax a changed man? Does he care for Gia or is he using her for inside information? I don't know yet but I can't wait to find out. This was a steamy and short read. I really enjoyed it.

No comments:

Post a Comment