Thursday, November 21, 2013

Slow Ride Home by Leah Braemel

Slow Ride Home (The Grady Legacy, #1)
Grade-C
Hotness Level-Inferno
Kink Level-Mild Kink
Series-The Grady Legacy #1
Genre-Contemporary Western
Reviewed by Kay
257 pages
Ben Grady is half owner of the Bull's Hollow ranch. He is a partner with his brother Jake. His first love was Allie Daniels. They dated in high school until Allie's father was found out as a thief and they left town. Ben has never gotten over Allie. Turns out there was a video made of Ben, Allie and Ben's best friend, Logan when they had a threesome. This video led to Allie losing her scholarship to Texas A&M.

Fast forward fifteen years and Allie is a lawyer who handles property title disputes. Bull's Hollow had part of it's shares held for a unknown heir. Ben and his family think the whole claim is ridiculous and their title insurance company sends in Allie to investigate. Ben and Allie's first meeting after fifteen years is strained to say the least. I won't give anymore plot away but that's the synopsis on how this story starts.

I am a sucker for western romances. I'm also a sucker for second chance love stories. I enjoyed both of the tropes here. What I didn't enjoy was the idea that back in high school a girl engaged in a threesome. I'm not a prude but it's hard for me to buy into it. The suspense of finding out if there was truly another heir was entertaining but I kind of thought my heroine was a slut. This tainted the book for me. I will admit that even though there was copious amounts of descriptive sex in this book that were hot, it still left me a little cold. I don't know if I'll read any more in this series yet.


                     

No comments:

Post a Comment