Wednesday, November 13, 2013

This Man by Jodi Ellen Malpas

This Man (This Man, #1)
Grade-C
Hotness Level-Inferno
Kink Level-Mild Kink
Series-This Man#1
Genre-Contemporary
Reviewed by Kay

I really liked the premise of this book, even though the premise has flooded the market. I had bought the book awhile back so I felt obligated to read it.

Ava is an interior decorator somewhere in England and Jesse is an uber-rich man who hires her to decorate The Manor. She goes to meet him out of curiosity since his apparent tastes don't really match what he does. She finds him insanely attractive but a bit of a player. He finds her beautiful but aloof. She tries to back out of the job but he won't hear of it. This starts Jessie's pursuit and seduction of Ava.

Jesse is super controlling, stalkerish and obsessive. Some of those things I can deal with and others...no. I found him extremely alpha and not in a good way. While the sex was hot it felt way too quick. They were doing things Ava had never done right away. I just couldn't buy into it. My biggest complaint is totally a personal preference one. I hated his use of the word lady. I know the author is British but it grated my nerves so badly. I don't think I need to read anymore in this series.

1 comment:

  1. I know it's wrong, but now I just want to use the word "lady" around you all the time! ~Anne

    ReplyDelete