Sunday, November 3, 2013

Baiting the Boss by Coleen Kwan

Baiting the Boss
Grade-C
Hotness Level-Inferno
Kink Level-No Kink
Genre-Contemporary
Reviewed by Kate
184 pages

Company owner and CEO Lachlan sends his assistant Grace to find his grandson, and heir-apparent, Jack and bring him back to Sydney and the family business.  Grace finally tracks him down on a tropical island and all sorts of romance ensues.

I really liked the story. A lot.  It was a fun and easy and comfortable read, lacking any sort of external conflict (which I appreciate).  Like I said, I liked it a lot.  Until we get to the 96% mark.    So what would have been an outstanding story (a B+ rating) quickly became only okay.

I do want to also note that while the sex scenes were steamy and hot, earning an inferno rating, there were only a few. I would have like to had more in the story.

I wouldn't hesitate to read more from Coleen Kwan, and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this one anyone who loves low-conflict romances with a touch of the tropics.  I just wish it had a different ending.

No comments:

Post a Comment