Saturday, November 9, 2013

Sheltered by Charlotte Stein

Sheltered
Grade-C
Hotness Level-Inferno
Kink Level-No Kink
Genre-Contemporary
Reviewed by Kay
162 pages
Evie is a girl who has endured living with her abusive, religious nutcase father and her emotionally and mentally checked out mother. She attends a Bible college and tries to be a good girl. She sees herself as fat and too naive. She has these desires to be a normal young woman but lacks the nerve, in the beginning, to really do it.

Van is a punk, at least that's how Evie sees him at first. He is kind of an artsy guy. He's really tall, hairy and tattooed. He smokes pot and hangs out with the guy who lives next door to Evie. He notices the shy, reserved girl next door to his friend. As time goes on they talk and a relationship develops. We find out later that he has some money he got from his grandparent that he uses for college and rent.

This is my first book by Charlotte stein and I liked it. It kind of read almost YA except for the sex scenes. They were sweet but explicit. You could really feel the vulnerability of both lead characters. The innocence was precious. The love story touching if a bit rushed. It was short and sweet. I will definitely read more by this author. Thanks to Anne for mentioning this author.

2 comments:

  1. I haven't read this one yet, though I've read several others by Charlotte Stein. I just really like her voice! She and Cara McKenna are authors I'll read even if the back cover blurb sounds iffy, just because I trust them to make it work. -Anne

    ReplyDelete