Saturday, November 2, 2013

Everything Bared by Kristine Cayne

Everything Bared (Six-Alarm Sexy #2)
Grade-C+
Hotness Level-Inferno
Kink Level-Moderate Kink
Series-Six-Alarm Sexy #2
Genre-Contemporary
Reviewed by Kate
268 pages

Dani Harris, a firefighter and search and rescue team member, has been part of the Caldwell family since the earthquake.  When she needs a place to stay, she ends up staying with straight-laced William Caldwell, CFO of the family business.  Dani knows she's William's opposite in almost every way, but she can't help but be attracted to him.  Can she trust him with her exhibitionism secret?

Kristine Cayne exceeds at writing strong characters. Dani is a feisty spitfire and William had layers to him that were slowly exposed. I loved both characters and enjoyed watching their story unfold. Many of Dani's initial conversations with William kept me in stitches.

There was a pony play scene in the book that left me a bit squicked out. I'm not a big suspense reader and there was a small component of suspense in this one that I didn't enjoy. But it's not a huge part of the story and not something so suspenseful that it kept me up at night.

The biggest downside for me was that I enjoyed the first book in this series so much that I probably went in with my expectations a bit high. And while this book is a very solid entry in the series, I still liked the first book better. I will be anxiously awaiting the next book in the series because I've falllen in love with the way Kristine Cayne writes her characters.

No comments:

Post a Comment