Monday, April 1, 2013

Going For It by Liz Matis

Going For It
Grade-B
Hotness Level-Inferno
Kink Level-None
Genre-Contemporary
Reviewed by Kay

Jake Miller is a running back in the NFL. He's a player on and off the field. He is considered a veteran football player due to his age (32), so he has been giving a little thought to life after football. Watching his friend and teammate, Ryan fall in love and get married has influenced him some also.

Hannah Hahn is an aging supermodel with a big secret. She is best friends with Samantha who is married to Ryan, Jake's friend. She has "family issues". She is also thinking about what life will be like after the modeling is over.

Jake and Hannah hooked up for a while in the not so distant past but broke up due to differing opinions. Their attraction never went away though and they hook up again at their friends' wedding.

I really enjoyed this story. It was short and hot. And also apparently just what I needed to read now. I liked it on every level. The characters seemed like real, honest people. I could see their points of view and understand them. This was the first thing I've read by Liz Matis but it won't be my last.

4 comments: