Friday, April 5, 2013

My Liege of Dark Haven by Cherise Sinclair

My Liege of Dark Haven (Mountain Masters, #3)
Grade: A
Hotness Level: Inferno
Kink Level: High Kink
Genre: Contemporary, BDSM

Series: Mountain Masters #3
Reviewed by Kate

Abby, a professor, needs to get a paper published and it needs to be memorable. She decides a paper on observations of the BDSM community would make a good topic. So she heads down to Dark Haven to get started. When she arrives, she ends up taking a job as a receptionist. One of the perks is a free membership, but the receptionist is also expected to help out with demonstrations given by club owner Xavier. Xavier recognizes the submissive in Abby immediately. He is intrigued by her in ways that he hasn't felt since his wife passed away.

I won't ruin the story by telling more, but this book is hot. This story has stuck with me for days after finishing it. I enjoyed it so much I hate having to dissect it in order to write a review. Finishing this one had thrown me into a book-funk. I haven't been able to settle into another book because none seems to measure up to My Liege. I highly recommend this one to any fans of BDSM romance.  (Wow, that got a bit gushy, my apologies.)

7 comments:

  1. Sounds really good but you know it's coming...how bad is the BDSM? Too bad for me?

    Kay

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kay, you know I love you, but I don't think you'd be comfortable sitting in the same room as a Cherise Sinclair book. They are awesome, but if more intense BDSM makes you uncomfortable, this is not the book for you. ~Anne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep, I have to agree with Anne. Like all Cherise Sinclair books, this one is pretty intense. Definitely more than just cuffs and commands. If you want to send me a specific list of your limits I would be happy to search through the book and see (I will use any excuse to reread this one). But I am guessing I would run across at least one of your limits by page 50 or so.

    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm still intrigued, just sayin'. I'm pondering my boundaries. I'd rather read this than Harry Potter, Lord of the Rings or Outlander. Don't count me out yet.

    Kay

    ReplyDelete
  5. Maybe we need Kate to write a "where to start with BDSM" post! ~Anne

    ReplyDelete
  6. I actually started with "Master of the Mountain" by Cherise Sinclair, the first book in this series. It's not as intense as "My Liege." Some commands, bondage, spanking. Like a lot of Cherise Sinclair's, the heroine is new to the BDSM world and it seems to be a good intro for the reader too. It's one of my favs. I've reread it quite a few times.

    Kate

    ReplyDelete