Monday, April 15, 2013

The Daddy Pact by Kristy K. James

The Daddy Pact
Grade: C
Hotness Level: No Sex
Kink Level: No Kink
Genre: Contemporary

Reviewed by Kate


Dan's drug addicted brother has done the unthinkable-he's killed a man just home from his honeymoon.  Dan decides he needs to do whatever he can to try to make things easier for the victim's widow, Jess.  The news that she is pregnant wakes Jess from the haze of depression she's been living in since her husband dies over 3 months ago.  When her ex-father-in-law threatens to take the baby from her, Dan offers to marry Jess (in name only, of course) and adopt the baby.

Once the pair are married, the ex-father-in-law ceases to be a threat.  Then the story becomes about dealing with the guilt.  Dan feels responsible because he had seen his brother shortly before the murder.  Jess feels disloyal to her dead husband because she begins having feelings for Dan.  Can Jess and Dan get past the guilt to build a real marriage?

I am an avid reader of the marriage of convenience plot line, but this one fell a little short of my hopes. Perhaps just a bit too much realism for my escape reading.  Well, that and the lack of sex didn't help either.

2 comments:

  1. No sex? What's up with that? This is not gonna make my TBR list.

    Kay

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know, right? I think I need to start doing some research before I choose my books.
    ~ Kate

    ReplyDelete