Monday, April 22, 2013

New Life by Bonnie Dee

New Life
Grade: C+
Hotness Level: Blaze
Kink Level: No Kink
Genre: Contemporary

Reviewed by Kate

Anna is a brand new attorney.  Jason is a college aged janitor in Anna's building.  He was seriously injured in a car accident that left him with permanent brain damage.  One night he finds Anna crying in the stairwell.  They feel a connection to each other.  Most people look right through Jason, but Anna does not.  This develops into a relationship.  It has it's challenges, but they meet them well together in the beginning.  I really enjoyed the book up to this point.
 
As things progress, though, they face bigger challenges and I didn't like how things played out.  I felt like Jason was too fragile.  It didn't seem like there was a lot of personal growth, and I'm not convinced they overcame their problems.  I think they'll face them over and over and probably deal with them in the same way.
 
I thought it was an interesting relationship to read about, but I wasn't convinced that they'd live happily ever after..  That was troubling to me.  I think the story ended too soon for me to be convinced otherwise.  I do think Bonnie Dee is a good writer, though, and I'd read more by her.  

No comments:

Post a Comment