Friday, April 12, 2013

Taking Shots by Toni Aleo

Taking Shots (Assassins, #1)
Grade-B
Hotness Level-Blaze
Kink Level-None
Series-Assassins #1
Reviewed by Kay

Shea Adler is a hockey pro at the top of his game. He loves hockey, his team, family, especially his twin sister and women. The first four of the above things he loves with some staying power but women, not so much. He's kind of a love 'em and leave 'em sort of guy. He's cocky, self assured and has never had to wait on or chase anyone he has wanted.

Eleanor "Elli" Fisher is a rich girl. She's a photographer with a thriving business. She has a father that adores her. A best friend she loves and a great support staff of other close friends. But she is very insecure about a lot of things: men, family, weight and self worth.

These two see each other at a sports photo shoot and the sparks fly. This is an emotional read in regards to a woman who is almost broken but desperately wants to be loved and a man that never saw her coming. Elli is a character that is easy to like. She's kind, shy and cares about people. Shea is absolutely precious. I love his character so much I can't even tell you! He starts off wanting Elli and his pursuit is patient but persistent. When he fell,....sigh, he fell big time. Head over heels and so did I, with him.

I liked this book so much. Even through the "big misunderstanding" I loved Elli. She had been hurt before and she wasn't taking any chances. I cried a couple of different times in the book: when he had dinner with her family and when he realized he was in love with her. This is a great new series for me and can't wait to read the next one! Toni Aleo has gained a fan in me!

5 comments:

  1. You will love it and not just a little bit.

    Kay

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm adding it to my list too!
    ~ Kate

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kay, is this a full length novel? It's just $2.99 on Kindle today, so I was wondering if it was a novella or full length. ~Anne

    ReplyDelete
  4. Full length novel around 400 pages.Not as hot as Jaci Burton but still fantastic.

    Kay

    ReplyDelete