Thursday, April 18, 2013

Knight by Kristen Ashley

Knight (Unfinished Hero, #1)
Grade-A
Hotness Level-Inferno
Kink Level-Low
Series-Unfinished Hero #1
Reviewed by Kay

Knight Sebring is an enigma. Really, he is. He's a kid from the streets, who had a prostitute for a mother and never knew his biological father. He has a wonderful stepfather and a ass of a half brother. He is a successful night club owner, has a beautiful home and a endless supply of female attention.

Anya Gage is a struggling but hard working young woman. Orphaned at a young age and raised by a hateful and neglectful aunt, she's never known love since her parents' deaths. She's had only herself to rely on financially. Thankfully, she has a wonderful best friend, Vivica.

These two people meet at a party and the pages of this novel light on fire, full force. No slow build up for them. Blazing attraction and the love scenes, the love scenes, OMG, blistering! I think I fell a little for Knight. No, I know I did. He's alpha to the point of punching him in the throat but it is also the most endearing thing about him. You learn a lot about the pasts of these characters and how it has molded them into who they are.

There were two things I didn't care for in the book though. First, the use of the "C" word was too repetitious for me. Secondly, Anya calling Knight "Daddy" in bed was honestly gross to me. Kristen Ashley is magnificent at writing love scenes and leading alpha males. I love what I have read from her and will continue to read much more from her in the future.

3 comments:

  1. I am so behind in my reading, but I *really* want to add a Kristen Ashley to my list. Do you think I should start with Motorcycle Man or this one? ~Anne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Motorcycle Man is part of another series but I've only read that one in that series. I'm gonna stick with the series for Knight. I really liked both books though.

    Kay

    ReplyDelete