Wednesday, July 3, 2013

In Flight by R.K. Lilley

In Flight (Up In The Air, #1)
Grade-A-
Hotness Level-Inferno
Kink Level-High
Series-Up In The Air #1
Reviewed by Kay

Out of five stars, I would say this is a 4.5 star book. It missed a five star or A+ because of my discomfort with some of the sex scenes. James Cavendish is a billionaire who has a taste for kink. Hardcore BDSM to be exact. He doesn't date or do relationships. At least, he didn't until he met Bianca Karlsson. Bianca works as a flight attendant and waits on him in first class. She captures his attention and he propositions her. Bianca is a former victim of violence from her youth but strangely enough, she is drawn to James as a submissive.

This novel is about their relationship evolving in ways they both never saw coming. I liked but disliked both characters for different reasons. I liked James' possessiveness and tenderness but disliked the fact he likes to hurt women during sex. I liked Bianca's friendship with Stephan but not her free acceptance of James' dominance. This story had good flow and I enjoyed the author's voice.
I am excited to read the next book in the series.

2 comments:

  1. Kay,

    How hard core is the BDSM in this one? Something I'd enjoy reading?

    And what is the length we're looking at?

    This one has me intrigued.

    -Kate

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's 263 pages long. Not hardcore though. I loved it!

    Kay

    ReplyDelete