Saturday, July 27, 2013

Willow Springs by Toni Blake

Willow Springs (Destiny, #5)
Grade-B
Hotness Level-Blaze
Kink Level-None
Series-Destiny #5
Reviewed by Kay

I had put off reading this book because my TBR list was so out of control. I try to read current books to review but honestly, I love this series so here goes.

Amy owns the book store in Destiny and she is kind of renown for her matchmaking abilities in town. She's done a pretty good job of it too. For everyone but her, She is also a cat lover (she won me over for this reason alone) also and adopts out strays from her store. She has a good circle of friends but Logan is her best friend. They grew up two houses from each other and formed a bond early. She sees herself as unlovable due to being plain but I pictured her as the girl next door type.

Logan Whitaker is a fire fighter in Destiny. He recently was at a fire that left him with some emotional scarring. He took a leave of absence from the local fire department to deal with the tragedy. He withdrew from family and friends, even Amy. He has some life altering decisions he comes to on this leave.

I adore this series and stumbled on to it by accident and I've never been so happy I did. It is a gem, truly. Sweet, precious and endearing. I really enjoyed the story here with the exception of Logan. I found him to be not only selfish and stupid but in my opinion almost a cheater. A douche bag who practices douchebaggery. No redemption for him with me. Do I buy the 34 year old virgin? Not really but I played along. Other than those things, this was another good edition to a great series.



No comments:

Post a Comment