Monday, July 8, 2013

M/M Monday - Never a Hero by Marie Sexton

Never a Hero (Tucker Springs, #5)
Grade: A-
Hotness Level: Blaze
Kink Level: No Kink
Genre: Contemporary, m/m
Series: Tucker Springs #5
Reviewed by Anne
174 pages

What a wonderful book!  I'm really enjoying this whole series.  This book is no exception.  In fact, it's one of my favorites.

Owen was born with just one full arm.  His mom has always been embarrassed by him and critical of him.  He's on his own now, and has even overcome (for the most part) the stutter that further shamed him in his mother's eyes.  (No kidding, this is a real Mommy Dearest!)

When Owen's neighbor moves out, Nick moves in downstairs.  Owen is surprised by how comfortable Nick is with him.  It turns out that Nick's sister, June was born with one arm, too.  Together June and Nick help Owen come out of his shell and out from under the damage his mother has done.  Along the way, Owen and Nick start to fall for each other.  There really shouldn't be any problem, but Nick keeps holding back, and Owen can't understand why.

This was such a sweet story.  I actually have several notes and highlights up until a twist in the story about half way through the book.  After that I just was reading as fast as I could to figure out how things would work out!

I loved Owen and Nick, but I liked June even more!  She was a bit of a whirlwind.  I have a couple friends like her - they light up the room when they come in and sweep you along with their plans.  She was a great addition to the story.

As I mentioned, there's a pretty big twist in the story, and mentioning it would be a big spoiler. So I'll just say, it was believable to me, and the resolution was believable to me, too.

I highly recommend this series.  Every book is a keeper!  Even though there are different authors involved, each story has been wonderful.  I want more!

1 comment:

  1. I just finished reading Second Hand (the 2nd book in this series) and I loved it. I'm looking forward to reading the rest of the series. And especially this one!

    -Kate

    ReplyDelete